Re: [xep-support] Another Arabic problem (diacritics)

From: Peter von Kaehne <refdoc@gmx.net>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 08:15:31 PDT

Thanks Alexei,

this is is a fascinating post and should indeed address Krister's
problem very well.

Wrt the numbers - if I replaced the Farsi numbers with Arabic numbers -
which look practically identical (but for a couple of glyphs) but occupy
a different unicode range, the bidi mechanism kicked in fine. That is
about 1 1/2 years ago and I had no need to try it again, so maybe things
are different now. I think I reported the matter at the time to RenderX

Peter