Re: [xep-support] Page count module 4

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 13:49:04 PST

G. Ken Holman wrote:

> If anyone else can think of a different approach, I'd love to hear it.
> This comes up in publications that are saddle-stitched where pages need
> to be grouped in 16 or 32 pages. What I wanted from the committee was
> the ability to loop through a page subsequence ... because of the
> saddle-stitching the margins need to be minutely adjusted on each page.

I have been using two-pass approach for this problem. On the first run I
format document as is to PDF. During the second pass, XSLT
transformation uses itext library to get number of pages in PDF from the
first pass and appropriate number of blank pages is then added at the
end of FO file.

                        Jirka

P.S. XSL-WG is now collecting requirements for XSL-FO 2.0 (see
http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/Group/2007/06/WD-xslfo20-req/). It is time
to raise you requirement once again -- I think that it is not currently
captured in requirements document.