Re: [xep-support] Maximum Change Version in footer by page

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 22:52:46 PDT

At 2007-09-27 17:20 -0400, jalinares@cox.net wrote:
>I am trying to add the maximum version of changes found on a page.
>fo:marker and fo:retrieve only allow me to display the first and
>last occurrence that are on each page. Is there an easy way to get
>the max value of node by page?

Yes, but it is a trick, not a feature. XSL-FO does not offer the
arbitration between retrieved markers. In my training material this
is demonstrated as implementing classification levels in secure
documents (classified, secret, top secret, etc.) on a page basis.

(1) - choose a unique marker class for each version, using the text of
       the version number as the text of the marker class

(2) - in the perimeter region render all of the possible marker classes,
       one at a time, each in a separate absolutely-positioned block
       container positioned at the identical location with identical size
     - assign a higher z-index= property to each block container for each
       version retrieved
     - in each block container render a block with a solid background the
       same colour as the perimeter background
     - retrieve the marker class into this block

You get the desired effect because the highest z-index= retrieved
obscures the lesser ones and any higher ones not retrieved are empty
blocks that do not obscure the highest retrieved.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming public training: UBL and code lists Oct 1/5; Madrid Spain
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/