Re: [xep-support] xep slow down and out of memory error

From: Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com>
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 10:12:46 PDT

On 28/8/07 2:37, "Vincent De Groote" <vincent.degroote@encelade.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the free version a few days ago. When I process a
> document, the processing time is about 30 seconds.
> If I add a few blocks with linefeed-treatment="preserve" and
> white-space-treatment="preserve", xep slows down to 5 minutes, and dies
> on a OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.
>
> How can I resolve these problems ?

You need to modify the shell script/batch file wrapper that invokes XEP so
that it allows the JVM to have a larger heap. Here's a snippet from my
modified xep script, containing the additional -Xmx... line:

"$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \
        -classpath "$CP" \
        -Xmx150000000 \
        "-Dcom.renderx.xep.CONFIG=$XEP_HOME/xep.xml" \
        com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "$@"

Maybe increasing the maximum heap size will make your other problems go
away.

Cheers,

Chris