[xep-support] XEP program hang

From: <CRW150@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 06:42:25 PDT

Hi Support,

My OS is WinXP Pro SP2, and I've run XEP4.6 for a few years with no
problem -- ever! I just installed it to a new machine and still no
problem -- until I installed the "InstantRails" package. Now, when I
open XEP (I use the x4u.bat gui), I can click on "Help" or "Options"
and it works, but if I click on "Open", I get the dropdown menu and
then the program hangs. I tried reinstalling XEP, and when I click
either "Install" or "browse" to choose the correct file for my license
key, the program hangs. In either case I can only close it with Windows
Task Manager.

Would this be a Java problem? If so, or if not, how can I figure out
what is wrong?

Or could it be a classpath problem? InstantRails *says* it doesn't
change anything on the system, but ... ??

I do NOT have advanced technical knowledge, so if the fix involves
environment variables or such, I hope you can point me to some specific
instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Susan