Re: [xep-support] localhost authority

From: Werner Donné <werner.donne@re.be>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 00:28:58 PDT

Chris,

This is correct and your original URL should work. Nobody writes
"localhost" explicitly however, because it is the only authority
that makes sense for the file scheme in practice. The file scheme
doesn't imply an Internet protocol. You may have found a bug and
the workaround is to leave out the explicit authority.

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8