Re: [xep-support] Russian Characters

From: Matthew Richardson <matvey@umich.edu>
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 13:12:36 PDT

I actually had to deal with this issue a while back. Make sure the XML is
properly encoded (UTF-8), and make sure XEP is using a font that supports
Cyrillic characters. In my case, I had to purchase a unicode version of
Arial, and then modify the xep.xml file:

  <fonts xmlns="http://www.renderx.com/XEP/config"
         xml:base="fonts/"
         default-family="Arial">

ttf="arialbi.ttf"/></font>