[xep-support] grayscale images being converted to CMYK in PDF

From: Nate Shue <nate@industrialmedium.com>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 08:08:23 PDT

Hello all. One of our customers, using RenderX embedded within our
content management software, has a complaint about their grayscale
images being converted to CMYK as the XML data and images are combined
into a PDF. Their exact comment is:

"The grayscale imagery are converting to a CMYK color space and not
staying in gray scale. This is causing the image to print with a
brownish tint."

The XSL:FO that places these graphics:

    <fo:block keep-with-previous.within-column="always"
space-before="8pt" span="none">
      <fo:external-graphic src="{$imageLocation}" width="{$imageWidth}" />
    </fo:block>

Are there any techniques on referencing that would cause/fix this
problem, or are there any known RenderX issues that would cause this? I
was not able to reproduce this locally. Let me know if you need any more
information.

        Nate Shue
        Industrial Medium