Re: [xep-support] Event from RenderX

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 00:15:09 PST

JingJun Long wrote:
> I would like to control the generation of header and footer.
>
> Let's say there is a new page started. Before the engine generate header
> and footer, is there any event from RenderX compose engine like
> "new_page_event". Just like a hook. I can write my own code to handle
> this event. So that I can prepare the data which will appear in header
> or footer?
>
> Or do you have other mechanism to handle requirement like this?

Hello JingJun,

I also did not understand your question, but here are some suggestions:
try to express your requirements more precisely, with an example;
make sure you know the XSL FO spec in part of static-content,
region-before|after|start|end, page-sequence-master,
repeatable-page-master-alternatives, conditional-page-master-reference.

If the FO model is not sufficient, which, I hope, is not the case, you
may try to intervene at the stage of XEP Intermediate Format (XEPOUT,
see reference.pdf). Post-processing XEPOUT will allow you to put any
hook on <xep:page> arrival, if treating it as SAX. Good examples and
explanations of how to deal with it are in XEP Integration and
Connectivity Kit.

Michael Sulyaev
http://www.renderx.net
http://www.renderx.com