Re: [xep-support] Content dependent on recto/verso?

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 11:11:41 PST

Dovid Zalkin wrote:

> Hi. I need to produce a PDF where each chapter has to end on an even
> page. If the last page of the chapter's content falls on an even page,
> fine. If not, rather than leaving the page blank, my client wants the
> page to consist of underscores, for recording notes, etc., in the
> printed version of the PDF.

This simplest way to achieve this is to force even number of pages for
page-sequence corresponding to chapter by using:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="foo" force-page-count="even">

And then in page-sequence-master for "foo" provide page-master for blank
page which is generated when chapter has odd number of pages:

<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="notes"
                                      blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>

Of course page master "notes" would not be blank. It can have header
that extends over whole page and you can place lines for notes as a
static-content onto this page.

HTH,

                                Jirka