Re: [xep-support] Implementing Html table attribute frame="box" at page break

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 05:44:01 PST

At 2007-03-01 03:34 +0100, gaffiot@no-log.org wrote:
> > At 2007-02-28 20:40 +0100, gaffiot@no-log.org wrote:
>
> > Remember that all lengths have .conditionality, that the width of a
> > table border is a length, and the default conditionality is
> > "discard". What you are seeing is what would be expected.
> >
> > Try setting the .conditionality property of your table border width
> > to "retain" so that the border width isn't discarded at the end of a
> > reference area.
> >

>Many thanks, but when I write :
>
><fo:table border-style="solid" width="312pt" border-width="0.70pt"
>border-color="black" border-width.conditionality="retain" >
>
>or
>
><fo:table border-style="solid" width="312pt" border-width="0.70pt"
>border-top-width.conditionality="retain"
>border-bottom-width.conditionality="retain" >
>
>XEP complains...
>
> [warning] Attribute ignored: illegal attribute name:
>border-top-width.conditionality
> [warning] Attribute ignored: illegal attribute name:
>border-bottom-width.conditionality
> )))

Indeed ... I apologize that I said "all" ... I note in your example
you are using the CSS border properties rather than the border
properties introduced by XSL-FO. I hadn't tripped over your
situation because it is my habit to use the
writing-direction-dependent properties of XSL and not the ones
inherited from CSS.

You'll note XSL-FO Section 7.7.9 allows a conditional on
border-before-width= but section 7.7.21 does not allow a conditional
on border-top-width=. The prose in section 7.7.9 reveals that the
conditional property as been added for XSL, and only to the
writing-direction-dependent properties, not to the CSS properties.

I hope this helps.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc