RE: [xep-support] involved xfers and codeblock line numbering

From: Alexander Tutyhin <AlexanderT@ukrinvent.com>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 05:37:43 PST

Hello John,

There is also ability to number lines using XSLT extensions. It may be
helpful for you.
In DocBook stylesheets line numbering functionality is implemented with
XSLT extensions function "numberLines".
See below part of \docbook-xsl-1.68.1\fo\verbatim.xsl stylesheet with
numberLines function call:

<xsl:template name="number.rtf.lines">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="function-available('sverb:numberLines')">
      <xsl:copy-of select="sverb:numberLines($rtf)"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="function-available('xverb:numberLines')">
      <xsl:copy-of select="xverb:numberLines($rtf)"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:message terminate="yes">
        <xsl:text>No numberLines function available.</xsl:text>
      </xsl:message>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

These extensions are Java programs that provide functions that are not
part of the XSLT standard. The DocBook Saxon extensions are contained in
the file extensions/saxon653.jar.
For more details see
http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookXsltExtensions
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallingAProcessor.html