RE: [xep-support] EXSLT/common not recognized

From: Alexander Tutyhin <AlexanderT@ukrinvent.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 06:54:12 PST

Hello Benjamin,

> What I understand, is that i can only use this stylesheet with a
processor supporting EXSLT?

Yes, INX2FO stylesheets can work properly with XSLT processor which
supports EXSLT extensions (such as Saxon XSLT processor).

>Now I must try to transform my xslfo to HTML.

>I guess that only XEP can do that (with the xsl stylesheet I've
downloaded)?

You do not need XEP to convert XSL FO to HTML. You may use a free tool
called "XSL 1.0 to HTML Converter"

(http://www.renderx.com/tools/fo2html.html
<http://www.renderx.com/tools/fo2html.html> ), but pay attention to the
'Technical Notes' chapter on this page. XSL FO is for paged media, and
HTML is for scrollable media.
This tool can help you in HTML rendering for some cases. If you need
more features implemented, we can develop them for you. Please contact
RenderX Sales at sales@renderx.com for more details.

>My other question is :

>In the inx file, I have links to images... During the transformation to
xslfo, those links seem to disappear ?

>How could I include images to my fo file, so that I have them back into
my pdf or my html file ?

INX2FO stylesheets support both linked and embedded images for types
supported by XEP (see
http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Graphic_Formats
<BLOCKED::http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Graphic_Formats> for
details).

In case, your images were added to InDesign document as links and then
location of bound images was changed, then you have to update links in
document (see InDesign documentation for details).

Also you can embed linked images inside INX document (see InDesign
documentation for details). In this case output FO file will contain
binary stream of images after INX is processed with INX2FO stylesheets.
Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Alexander Tutyhin

________________________________

What I understand, is that i can only use this stylesheet with a
processor supporting EXSLT?

In fact, I managed to transform my inx to xslfo with ASP.Net 2.0 (which
natively supports exslt.

Now I must try to transform my xslfo to HTML.

I guess that only XEP can do that (with the xsl stylesheet I've
downloaded)?

My other question is :

In the inx file, I have links to images... During the transformation to
xslfo, those links seem to disappear ?

How could I include images to my fo file, so that I have them back into
my pdf or my html file ?

Regards,

Benjamin GRISTI