AW: [xep-support] Character set problems Linux/Windows

From: <Ronald.Valersi@soplar.ch>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 00:03:03 PST

Hi,

Problem description:
The embeded font's in the created PDF with XEP has encoding "Identity-H".
How can i create PDF's with XEP with "Ansi" font-encoding?
I run XEP on Windows XP and use Windows standard fonts like Verdana and Arial.

Comments:
I also user FOP-Renderer. By default FOP also creates PDF with encoding "Identity-H". The solution with FOP to create "Ansi" encoded fonts is to change the encoding of all fonts to "Ansi" first (org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi ..\..\fonts\arial.ttf ..\..\fonts\arial.xml). How is the solution with XEP?

Regards, Ronald