[xep-support] Footnote placement

From: Teus Benschop <teus@teusbenschop.nl>
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 08:12:57 PDT

Hi,

I've got a question about the position where footnotes will be placed.

When formatting footnotes following the standard system in xsl-fo
(<fo:footnote>1<fo:footnote-body><fo:block>text</fo:block></fo:footnote-body></fo:footnote>),
then footnotes will be placed one below the other, like:

1. Footnote text 1.
2. Footnote text 2.
Etc.

Because of space constraints we wish to place footnotes, not one below
the other, but one following the other, like:

1. Footnote text 1. 2. Footnote text 2. Etc.

Is there any hack to achieve this result?

Thank you,

Teus Benschop