RE: [xep-support] Image access when generating PDF

From: Hood, Earl <earl.hood@hp.com>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 07:30:33 PDT

> If an Expires field is set (to a reasonable value), XEP will get an
> image just once. Otherwise, if the image was not modified on
> the server,
> XEP will get it once and check it was not modified twice (200
> 304 304).

Just curious: Why would XEP care if the graphic has been modified?
What is the time critical problem that XEP is addressing for it
to check if a graphic file has been modified in the middle of
processing?

Is the HTTP behavior a mirror of local file system behavior? I.e. Does
XEP do multiple stats on a local file to see if it has been modified
before processing is complete?

--ewh