Re: [xep-support] Intermediate format question

From: Geoff Levner <geoff@n-generate.com>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 02:17:31 PDT

Ah, right. Then perhaps you can use RenderX's pinpoint extension.
If you insert an element like this inside the fo:block in your XSL-FO
file, or before it:

    <rx:pinpoint value="_elastic_"/>

Then you will see something this in your XEP intermediate file:

    <xep:pinpoint value="_elastic_"/>

Note that to use RenderX extensions you will need to declare the "rx"
namespace in your stylesheet:

    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
       xmlns:rx="http://www.renderx.com/XSL/Extensions"
       ...>

Note also that pinpoints are a little bit capricious. Depending on
where you put them in your XSL-FO, they do not always appear exactly
where you would expect them in the XEP file...

Geoff

On 3 Oct 2006, at 10:23, Teus Benschop wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. But as far as I am aware the attribute
> does not get transferred to the intermediate XEP format file. That
> file only contains the actual text that goes into the pdf file.
>
> Regards,
>
> Teus.
>
> Geoff Levner wrote:
>> It would be simpler to put "_elastic_" into an attribute of your
>> fo:block, wouldn't it? Then you would not have to worry about XEP
>> processing it. You might use the "id" attribute, for example.
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> On 3 Oct 2006, at 07:36, Teus Benschop wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We've a minor problem here with the XEP intermediate format, and
>>> perhaps somebody knows a solution for it.
>>>
>>> Our scenario is this.
>>> We've a text.fo xslfo file, convert that text.fo to XEP
>>> intermediate format, using the "-format xep" switch, then we
>>> process that text.fo.xep intermediate file, and then produce a
>>> pdf out of it.
>>>
>>> The text.fo file has the word "_elastic_" in it, like so:
>>>
>>> <fo:block font-size="12pt" text-align="left" space-before="0mm"
>>> space-after="0mm" start-indent="0mm" end-indent="0mm" text-
>>> indent="0mm" span="all" intrusion-displace="line" widows="2"
>>> orphans="2">