RE: [xep-support] Does XEP have an extension to conditional renderingofpage number in xrefs?

From: Hood, Earl <earl.hood@hp.com>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 06:38:51 PDT

> You could do this at the XSLT level by using a two-pass process that
> uses the XEP (or equivalent other proprietary intermediate form) area
> tree to determine the relative page relationships of the different
> elements and suppress them or not on the second pass.

Have you implemented something that does this, and are willing to
share?

Taking a quick look at the XEP intermediate form seems to indicate
that some difficulty may arise since each text component has explicit
coordinates on where the text is rendered. If one removes
textual content, I would guess that gaps may show up in the resulting
PDF.

--ewh