RE: [xep-support] Version 4.7

From: Steve Ylvisaker <sylvisaker@chyconsultants.com>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 09:16:52 PDT

Michael

Thanks for the explanation. This helps.

Our implementation is fairly simple. We just want to place the text "(continued)" on the table title when table spans multiple pages. With RenderX we accomplished this with <rx:table-omit-initial-header/>. Unfortunately, the implementation of this solution requires a lot of additional and confusing constructs to gain the desired effect. When Antenna House implemented this property we were able to get rid of all of that code and just use the markers. As we are in the process of setting up a side by side test I am currently just placing <fo:retrieve-table-marker/> in a different name space so RenderX will ignore it and not abort. The result will not meet our ultimate requirements but I am certain that RenderX will eventually have this feature in place so I am not concerned about continuing without it at this time.

Mostly I was concerned that I had missed something when I installed 4.7

Again - thanks for the explanation
Steve