[xep-support] white-space-treatment="ignore-if-before-linefeed"

From: Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name>
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 09:15:24 PDT

On the DocBook Apps list, I asked a question about including text
files from a Windows machine. These files have a carriage return and a
line feed as their EOL markers. Bob Stayton said that the XSL-FO spec
allows for including these text files without generating double line
spacing by using the white-space-treatment="ignore-if-before-linefeed"
property. However, this technique does not appear to work in XEP, as
quoted below (and it will be available shortly in the docbook-apps
archives):

>But the authors of XSL-FO actually considered this, and provided (in
section 7.15.8) for white-space-treatment="ignore-if-before-linefeed". When
that property is set, then any whitespace characters preceding a &#xA;
character should be ignore, which should solve that problem.. However,
when I set this and process with XEP, it doesn't help. I would have
thought if that value were supported that you would get single line breaks.
--Bob Stayton

Anyway, I thought you should know, since it means I will need to
include a conversion step in my makefile (and possibly change my XML
sources as well).

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/