[xep-support] Embedding Helvetica BadFontDataExceptionBadFontDataException

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 11:56:35 PDT

My printer insists on having all fonts embedded, even the standard ones.
The only such font I'm using is Helvetica. However I keep getting errors
like this:

chapter2.pdf:
      [java] [error] Cannot read font metric from
file:/opt/xml/xep/fonts/Helvetica.ttf
      [java] [error] java.io.EOFException
      [java] Formatter initialization failed:
com.renderx.fonts.BadFontDataException: Could not obtain font metric for
font family 'Helvetica'
      [java] Java Result: 1

Any suggestions? I've tried every variation of Helvetica I can find,
both TrueType and Postscript. However this is a random collection of
"Helveticas" shipped with various operating systems and products over
the last 15 or so years.

Any suggestions? Is there anything else I should be trying? At this
point I'm thinking I might just substitute Arial.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!