Re: [xep-support] Newbie questions about setting up headers.

From: David Prokopetz <dave@penguinking.com>
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 00:50:47 PDT

Well, I've reviewed all the documentation I can get my hands on, and
correct me if I'm wrong here, but it doesn't appear that the XSL-FO spec
allows any means at all of applying background formatting to an actual
page or part of a page; one can only apply background formatting to
individual regions or parts of regions within that page. As these
regions always fall within the page margins, there isn't any way, as it
stands, to get background formatting to run right up to the edge of the
page, short of setting all the page margins to zero.

Is there some sort of work-around for this limitation, or am I stuck?

Thanks,

  - David Prokopetz.