Re: [xep-support] SVG, identifiers, xml catalogs, resolver, net access

From: Robert Wenner <robert.wenner@atsec.com>
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 14:44:02 PDT

Steve,

On Friday 14 July 2006 12:52, Steve Whitlatch wrote:
> Can anyone state from their own experience that XEP does indeed
> properly use xml-commons-resolver?

I think it only does so directly, but not indirectly.

If I have an XML file with a DTD associated, I can use a catalog to point
XEP to the local DTD.

However, in my style sheet, I use a function with a document(foo.xml)
call. That document also has a DTD, and XEP does not seem to use a
catalog to find that DTD.

I posted this with some more explanation on 2006-06-20; see
        http://www.renderx.net/lists/xep-support/4485.html
Unfortunately, the XEP list is somewhat silent if it comes to non-trivial
problems. :-(

Robert