[xep-support] socket write error with Enmasse and Fairy

From: Brent McClintock <bmcclintock@legis.state.pa.us>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 08:41:36 PDT

Hello,

We've setup XEP on a stand-alone server, and are sending documents to it
from our app server via Enmasse and Fairy (SOAP). Everything works
great, but during some initial stress testing, we got the following
message (repeatedly):

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

We were only sending 7-8 requests simultaneously, but only half
completed successfully. The others all received the "socket write"
error.

What is causing this? Can Fairy not be used for concurrent requests?

Thanks,
Brent McClintock
Applications Developer
PA Legislature