[xep-support] FW: Multithreading - revisited

From: Laub, David <DLaub@Wheels.com>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 06:43:30 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Laub, David
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 4:31 PM
To: 'Kevin Brown'
Subject: Multithreading - revisited

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused - I was just looking at the c# source
code to XEP Assistant (in the XEP4NET DevKit examples) and I see that
the call to XEP format is wrapped up in a separate thread:

                                this.formatterThread = new Thread(new
ThreadStart(this.Format));

Is this overkill? Because we (Wheels) are NOT calling Format in an
explicit separate thread - so DO we have a potential multi-threading
issue?

Thanks

David