[xep-support] stroke-dasharray

From: Carlos Villegas <cav@uniscope.jp>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 23:44:40 PST

Hi,

We encountered a problem in which the following piece of CSS styling
inside a SVG graphics produces a bad PDF file:

.str1
{stroke:#282F34;stroke-width:0.241418;stroke-linecap:round;stroke-linejoin:round;stroke-dasharray:0.000
0.000}

Acrobat reader reports the following error:

"Error while parsing a Form, Type 3 font, or Pattern"

and the image is not displayed.

Removing the stroke-dasharray property solves the problem. I don't know
much about SVG but it seems stroke-dasharray value of 0.000 0.000
doesn't make sense. The SVG was converted from CGM so maybe some things
were "adjusted" during convertion leaving things like this with no
effect. However, tools like Batik and Adobe SVG plugin have no problem
with this SVG file.
Only when proccessed by XEP we get this error. The problem occurs with
XEP 3.84 and also the latest 4.5.

Carlos