[xep-support] Memory leak with xalan library

From: rino <rino.salvade@sa-engineering.ch>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 11:52:44 PST

Hello

We're currently working with the xep version 3.7.2. We switched from
JBoss 3.2.3 to JBoss 4.0.2 and are experiencing a memory leak since then.
Profiling pointed out that instances of the SAXParser are not releases.
They are kept by an internal class of the xalan library
(XMLReaderManager) which does some kind of caching on a thread level. To
release the instance the method releaseXMLReader has to be called which
we think, is not done by the xep versin we're using.
Are you or anybody else aware of this issue and does the current release
4.5 solve it.

Regards
Rino Salvadè