Re: [xep-support] possible to create a table title that has "continued" at the end after a page/column wrap?

From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 01:45:45 PST

David Tolpin wrote:

>> With XSL-FO 1.1 you will be able to use table markers to do this.
>

> Except that whoever invented that didn't think about a way to implement
> it reliably. Markers in tables is asking for trouble with either hard
> to detect loops or a very complex processing model.

I don't see why implementing table markers is any more difficult than
implementing regular markers. Perhaps its down to the fact that regular
marker content is always retrieved outside of the flow, where as table
markers will be retrieved inside the flow. Which I guess would affect
page break possibilities.

In any case, table markers are a much needed feature that makes it
possible to generate a wider range of statement type documents.

<snip/>

Chris