Re: [xep-support] Automatically-active URIs??

From: Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 20:52:20 PST

Mimi,

Thanks for the response. However, it's not control about wrapping to
a new line that I need; I am aware of the various techniques you
mentioned. What I want is the ability to say "even though this looks
like a URI, I don't to have it become an active link" or to say "if I
don't use an explicit fo:basic-link element, don't turn any apparent
URIs into active links".

I mentioned the line-wrapping (and hyphenation) issue only to
illustrate how that automatic active-link process can sometimes
create an invalid link.

Thanks again,
    Jim

At 11/2/2005 05:09 PM, viking wrote:
>Controls do exist to control wrapping around to a new line. Look
>for table-cell or line-width or width controls, word wrap
>controls. Their are more controls if you couch your text, URIs etc
>within constructs like tables and fo:block.
>
>Good Luck,
>
>Mimi

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL) Phone: +1.801.942.0144
   Co-Chair, W3C XML Query WG; F&O (etc.) editor Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive Standards email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA Personal email: jim at melton dot name