Re: [xep-support] FO output

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 12:30:40 PDT

Bob Cirilli wrote:
> We did put the FO content into a CDATA section, but we didn't want those
> FO elements as real elements in the XML document because we did not want
> to have to specify all of the necessary rules to handle them. Instead
> we wanted these elements to pass through to the rendering phase as FO
> where they could be handled directly (and correclty) by the XEP engine.

All that you should need to do is just do an xsl:copy-of to the output
of any FO element, e.g.:

<xsl:template match="myFoWrapperelement">
   <xsl:copy-of select="*"/><!-- copy all element children of context
node -->
</xsl:template>

This should give you the same effect as echoing out the content of the
CDATA marked sections. This would also eliminate the need for an
intermediate FO instance.

Cheers,

E.

--