[xep-support] arabic and spanning

From: <relliquest@planet.nl>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 08:38:17 PDT

Dear All,
As we all know, span="all" is only honoured on blocks that are
immediate children of fo:flow.
I have a dilemna: I am some for to compose arabic, and therefore need

<fo:flow>
  <fo:block-container writing-mode="rl-tb">
     <fo:block>..</fo:block>
     <fo:block span="all">...</fo:block>
      etc.
  </fo:block-container>
</fo:flow>

But having block-container under flow makes all block now children of
block-container, and therefore no blocks can ever span.

Big dilemna. What options do I have to make some blocks span in arabic?

Thank you.

Jim Quest