Re: [xep-support] PDFs are large

From: Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 09:03:27 PDT

On 26/9/05 4:22, Henning, Bill <Bill.Henning@AntaresSolutions.com> wrote:

> I've found that the by setting the KERN option to false in the xep.xml
> file, you cut the PDF file size in half, which matches the older XEP 3.x
> functionality.
>
> Bill

Interesting. I wouldn't have expected that to make so much of a difference!

It also doesn't seem to make so much of a difference here:

              xep distiller
kern.pdf 82335 44778
nokern.pdf 77823 43700

(NB I'm not sure why my xep PDFs have gone from ~50K to ~80K either. I've
been messing with headers and footers, but they're all the same as each
other so it doesn't make much sense.)

Cheers,

Chris