[xep-support] breaking long urls in pdf

From: Cheryl Chase <cheryl@isna.org>
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 23:04:53 PDT

I'm a new user of docbook and xep, working on formatting a medical book.

I tried the "inserting zero-width spaces after slashes" trick to make
my long urls break nicely in a pdf.

Unfortunately, that caused xep to decide that, since the link text
was now different from the link, it should display the link in square
brackets following the link text. Like this:

*** XML

<para>For more information, see:
<ulink url="http://www.hopkinschildrens.org/specialties/categorypages/
intersex/">http://www.hopkinschildrens.org/&#x200b;specialties/
&#x200b;categorypages/&#x200b;intersex/</ulink></para>

*** PDF

For more information, see: http://www.hopkinschildrens.org/
specialties/categorypages/intersex/
[http://www.hopkinschildrens.org/specialties/categorypages/intersex/]