[xep-support] zipped graphics

From: Geoff Levner <geoff@n-generate.com>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 11:14:15 PDT

We are using XEP 4.4 on OS X to generate PDF documents.

Sometimes we use external-graphics that are in zip or JAR archives
using URLs like this:

     jar:file:/path/to/zip/file!/zip/entry/path

That works fine.

And although XEP does not support the use of Adobe Illustrator files,
we are able to use graphics created with Illustrator's "Make PDF
Compatible File" option. No problem there.

When we try to do both at once, though -- use a PDF-compatible
Illustrator file inside a zip file -- we get error messages like
"invalid EPSF file" and "PostScript header comment not found".

Is there any way around this, or are we just asking for too much?