Re: [xep-support] XEP Engines & Enamsse...

From: David Tolpin <dvd@davidashen.net>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 03:03:44 PDT

On 12.07.2005, at 15:01, Arup Vidyerthy wrote:

> Thanks again. I understand whats happening. Each of these engines
> runs its
> own control server. I thought each servers were registered and if
> you just
> went to http://localhost:6580 you will see all the engines there.
> Obviously
> this is not the case.

If you run them as separate processes, you get a separate http server
for each of them. But each engine is multithreaded, so that if you
just want to multiplex, don't run several ones on the same computer,
just mention the same engine several times in Enmasse's configuration
file.

It mostly makes sense to run several engines on several computers.

David