Re[2]: [xep-support] how to use -Xmx switch? -- or some other fix?

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 10:12:00 PDT

Hello, Jim.

Did you mean "-Xmx1024M"?

I would not recommend to set -Xmx to a value equal to "real" memory
size considering significant performance downgrade caused by system
swapping (let alone dynamic swapfile enlargement, which is extremely
slow).

If WinXP occupies roughly 256Mb itself, try -Xmx512M first (on 1Gb RAM), and
increase -Xmx only if formatting keeps failing with OOM Exception.

Susan, -Xmx option should be added to xep.bat (or x4u.bat, if you call
it): ...\java" -Xmx128M -classpath "%CP%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver ....

 Michael Sulyaev                          mailto:msulyaev@renderx.com
RenderX