[xep-support] how to use -Xmx switch? -- or some other fix?

From: <CRW150@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 08:56:14 PDT

Hi,

I'm getting an OutOfMemory error running XEP. If I run the same
stylesheet on an identical but smaller source file, it works fine.
After reading the archives, I think I need to use the -Xmx switch, but
I have no idea how. I'm no programmer, obviously, so I need to know
what is the exact syntax to use at the command prompt? I'm running
WinXP, and I have 1GB of memory.

Also, if this helps identify the problem, note that I can use Saxon
6.5.3 to run the same stylesheet on the whole, large file, and Saxon
creates the .fo file without any errors.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't know enough to understand the
XEP documentation. (I don't even know what 80% of 1 GB is!)

Thanks,
Susan