Re: [xep-support] Footnote processing order in tables

From: Marc <Marc.Liste@free.fr>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 23:51:08 PDT

Bonjour Werner,
I send the same question one year ago, but the answer was not very positive as you could see in the answer at the bottom of my message
Marc
To: <xep-support@renderx.com>
Subject: Re: [xep-support] FootNotes are not in the order of the doc
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@renderx.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:36:47 +0400

Marc,

Yes, this is how it works in XEP now. We consider table
cells in a row to be "parallel" content, and don't establish
any order on them. I realize that this is a counterintuitive
behaviour; but it is really hard to impose an order.
(A simple example: what if the first cell is long enough
to go to the next page? You get note 1 on the next page,
after note 2; and there is nothing you can do about it -
until there is some sort of automatic footnote numbering).

We will see if the things can be improved for the next version;
however, I cannot promise an easy resolution or workaround.
Sorry for that.