[xep-support] Java memory settings - to fix "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

From: Peter Desjardins <pdesjardins@supplyscape.com>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 12:04:44 PDT

I document that I have been converting with XEP has just started to
cause problems during the conversion. It fails with the message
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

Based on the posting in
http://www.renderx.net/lists/xep-support/2251.html I guess that the
document just outgrew the limitations.

I don't know how to control the Java memory settings. Where do I add
the parameter (-Xmx256M)?

I use Windows XP with XEP desktop. I start the XEP conversion by giving
this command on a Cygwin command line "/cygdrive/c/xep/xep.bat -fo
pdf/epedigree-enterprise-guide.fo -ps".

Thanks for your help.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation