Re: [xep-support] Embedding RenderX in long-running process; cache cleanup

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 02:46:01 PDT

Hello Greg,

There are no standard guidelines regarding how often cleanup should be
performed - it depends on the usage patterns and throughput. In
general I can suggest to define such policy ad-hoc by looking at
memory consumption dynamic of the running application. Note that
cleanup() should not be called while formatting is under way that is
if you have several threads sharing the same instance of formatter you
have to make sure that no one is calling render() method while cleanup
is performed. As for the duration of cleanup - it depends on your
setup and hardware but in general it is quite fast.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX