[xep-support] Problem resolving relative URL with XEP.NET

From: Laub, David <DLaub@Wheels.com>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 12:33:17 PST

My question is how to specify a RELATIVE (versus absolute) path for
external images in fo docs - when I specify an absolute path, everything
is golden, but we need to specify a relative path. AND the relative
path begs this question - what is the path relative to - the running
app's bin directory or an XEP directory.

Sample fo code with an absolute path: (This works!)

<fo:external-graphic content-width="201px" space-before.optimum="4pt"
space-after.optimum="4pt">
  <xsl:attribute name="src">url('<xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes">file:///C:\Documents and
Settings\dlaub\Desktop\Letter Mgmt\Wheels
Logos\BlueGrayWithCar.jpg</xsl:text>')
  </xsl:attribute>
</fo:external-graphic>

For a relative path, I've tried UNsuccessfully

file:///BlueGrayWithCar.jpg
file:BlueGrayWithCar.jpg
BlueGrayWithCar.jpg

I think the systemId param in the Format method is key, but I'm not sure
what to set it to - a absolute path, a relative path, etc.

ok = formatter.Format(xmlFile,<<see value
below>>,"application/pdf",outFile);

<< What I pass to systemId >>
file:///C:/Documents and Settings/dlaub/My Documents/Visual Studio
Projects/CollisionEndToEnd/bin/Debug/CollisionLetterA1.fo";