Re: [xep-support] Configuring fonts from an otf file

From: Alexei Gagarinov <agagarinov@renderx.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 09:08:49 PST

Hello Christopher,

> <fo:inline font-weight="bold"
> font-family="AdobeSongStd-Light">è¡¨æ ¼æ¸²æY"$(C</fo:inline>
>
> Does not display the text as bold.

'AdobeSongStd-Light-Acro' font itslef doesn't have bold outlines. And I've
never seen the bold typeface for this font.
It would be very helpfullly if you could send us such an example (to
support@renderx.com)

> I know that Adobe Reader can display
> this font in bold: document properties dialog shows
> "AdobeSongStd-Light,BoldItalic" in use.

If a font file is not embedded to the output PDF, Acrobat substitutes
available local fonts.
I suppose that it may be the reason..

I know that the 'KozGoStd' font family has a font file with bold outlines. I
suggest to try this font -- Adobe CJK distribution includes the appropriate
font file.

Best regards,
  Alexei Gagarinov