[xep-support] getting a semi-transparent watermark to overlay tiff images

From: Rick Geimer <Rick.Geimer@nsc.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 10:51:41 PST

I'm trying to put a watermark on every page in a document. I had my prototype
working fine using a background image for the region-body, until I started
plopping in some of our live graphics, which are mostly tiff images with white
(i.e. non-transparent) backgrounds. Of course, the tiffs overlay the watermark
and it looks really bad.

Is there any way to get such a watermark to overlay the page instead? I tried
using a transparent SVG in a fixed position block container, but it showed up
all black instead of transparent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor