[xep-support] Organization of default xep.xml File

From: W. Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 14:47:41 PST

Unless I've misunderstood how the 4.x configuration file works, I think
it would be useful if the configuration as supplied was broken out into
separate files.

For a project I just wanted to change the font configuration, but
nothing else. I didn't want to duplicate any of the other configuration
stuff.

So what I ended up doing was breaking out the default config and
languages elements into their own files so I could then reference them
from my local xep.xml file, which then only has my font configurations.

Since this also means that I modified the out-of-the-box configuration
file, it means it will be changed the next time I install a new update.

As far as I can tell, the use case of wanting to change just the fonts
seems like a pretty common one.

Cheers,

E.

--