[xep-support] Problem with the Dynamic page headers.

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 02:01:29 PST

Hello Anshul,

>> I am facing problem related to the dynamic headers of the page. On the first
>> page it should display some text like "All Measures". On the second page it
>> should display the text like "All Measures-(Continued)". I cannot make use
>> of the rx:table-omit-initial-header = "true" property of table because the
>> body is divided into two columns.

You can use markers to make page header depend on page content,
(precisely on markers inserted).
Add static content and retrieve the first marker of class "Continued"
on a page:
  <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
   <fo:block text-align="center">
    All Measures<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="Continued" retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
   </fo:block>
  </fo:static-content>
Then, in the flow add markers to every row or cell of your table:
  <fo:marker marker-class-name="Continued">-(Continued)</fo:marker>
but leave the very first marker's content blank to avoid isplaying it
in the page header of the page where the table starts.

See an example attached.

 Michael Sulyaev, RenderX                         mailto:msulyaev@renderx.com