[xep-support] sticky block

From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 19:18:29 PST

I'm encountering a strange problem where one block gets "stuck" to the block
that follows it, even though there is no keep relationship between them.
I'm using an empty block-container of a certain size to test for space on
the page, and then I backspace up (using a negative space-before) to the top
of the block-container to output my text in a block that overlays it. If
the block-container doesn't fit, then the page breaks and the content starts
on the next page. If the block fits, then no page break and it continues on
its way. It is a kind of conditional page break.

It seems to work fine, except in XEP (3.8 and 4.0) the block that *precedes*
the test gets carried over to the next page as well. I can't see any
connection between that block and my other blocks, so I don't understand
what is going on and how I can prevent it. I don't have this problem in
another leading XSL-FO processor.

You'll probably need to see a sample, so just tell me where to send it.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net