Re: [xep-support] Enhancement - Command line support for Logger class replacement

From: David Tolpin <dvd@davidashen.net>
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 22:35:26 PST

> > Section 8.6 of the XEP 4.0 Reference for Java gives a mechanism for
> > providing replacements for the XEP entityresolver and the JAXP
> > uriresolver. I would like to suggest that a future release of XEP
> > provide a similar way for me to specify the Logger class.
> >

> I can second this requirement--we have an existing client/server
> rendition manager framework that includes facilities for communicating
> runtime messages back to clients in real time--this requires being able
> to plug in our own listener/logger to capture messages.

You can do it now buy using the API of XEP engine. Logger is configurable
and overridable. The same holds true for XEP CLISER, XEP client-server
protocol, which gets messages in real time and for which you can specify
whatever logger you like.

> But I would also be likely to replace the URI resolver too....

Can't you? -Dcom.renderx.jaxp.uriresolver=YourResolverClass

David