Re: [xep-support] Postscript Printing Problem

From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 01:04:20 PST

Donald Figer wrote:

> I had the same problem. Some printers could print the image (HP 4100),
> while others could not (HP 4050). RAM was not an issue because older
> printers had more RAM. I suspect that the problem is due to firmware
> version or printer driver. I have no solution. I transferred printers
> around the company.

We also see this problem. I suspect it is to do with the LZW algorithm, which
is used in encoding/decoding GIF images. Older printers are not allowed to
have this algorithm due to legal reasons, but this has changed now, so newer
Postscript printers will probably have the LZW algorithm.

Chris

<snip/>