Re: [xep-support] Images

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 07:49:36 PST

Hello Jason,

I suggest you to create custom protocol and protocol handler.
It is possible since XEP relies on standard Java means to work with URLs.
For example you can have a protocol 'stream' and your image URLs will look like:
  stream://getimage.do?param1=321&param2=432
You may write special Java handler for this protocol (it must extend
java.net.URLStreamHandler) and register it in the system. This handler
can retrieve streamed image data.
The are enough papers about creation of custom protocol handlers in
Java - for example, you may be interested in this one:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/protocolhandlers/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX

jsmc> Can anyone help!

jsmc> Does xep only render graphics that are located in a file system or at a
jsmc> url?

jsmc> Is there a way of intercepting the formatter.render so that when it
jsmc> encounters a
jsmc> graphic/image I can control what it does? i.e. read's the image from an
jsmc> input stream?

jsmc> Jason Seigel

jsmc> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
jsmc> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
jsmc> you are subscribed from.
jsmc> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html