Re: [xep-support] using Japanese fonts

From: Louis Amdur <LAmdur@symantec.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 13:30:56 PST

Yes, there is a difference between TTF and TTC. TTF is a good old TrueType
font; TTC is a TrueType Collection. TrueType Collection files may host
several typefaces in a single file, and you cannot use a TrueType
Collection directly with XEP. To use Microsoft's MSMincho (installed with
Japanese language support in Windows XP) with XEP, you need to "break" the
TTC into its constituent TTF files. You can use FontLab, or breakttc.exe,

http://mirrors.nihongo.org/monash/breakttc.exe

____________
Lou Amdur
Symantec
(310) 449-7005

Susan Korgen <skorgen@intersystems.com>
Sent by: owner-xep-support@renderx.com
11/08/2004 08:53 AM
Please respond to
xep-support@renderx.com

xep-support@renderx.com, xep-support@renderx.com
cc

Subject
Re: [xep-support] using Japanese fonts

Thanks very much!
The Windows Japanese fonts that we have are ttc files, not ttf.
Is there a difference in this case?